Design Analysis & Functional Performance
Simulation is already playing a prominent role in establishing product performance in the verification stages of device development. But it can also being used at every stage of the process, from concept development to design refinement and hand-off to manufacturing. Simulation and testing are not just important for generating objective evidence of device performance for regulatory agencies, they are foundational to good engineering practice.
Whether involved in drilling or production operations, our solutions offer engineers a unique range of capabilities–from system-level simulation to detailed computer-aided engineering such as CFD and FEA. Embracing a digital twin approach places a predictive, simulation-based process at the center of the design and operational stages of a well’s life.
With the automated simulation workflows and physics models available in our solutions, it is possible to:
- Embrace a simulation-led process, putting the digital twin at the center of your design and operational decision-making
- Simulate the widest range of physics in drilling and production operations–from mechanical and structural responses, to flow, thermal and process behaviors, to electrical and control systems
- Increase your confidence in the performance, safety, and reliability of equipment and products exposed to the hostile operating conditions of the wellbore
- Innovate and explore designs faster to bring downhole and drilling products to market faster
- Use design space exploration coupled with physics-based simulation to understand real-world conditions and optimize your drilling or production system in operation
- Extend the life of operating systems through safe and effective simulation of operating conditions
- Identify the causes, and improve the performance, of under-performing equipment and processes